This tour includes transport from Malaga, an official guide, entry to the Great Mosque, synagogue and gardens, and free time to explore this welcoming city.
MEETING POINT & ITINERARY
- Guided tour in the city and at the Cathedral.
- Duration: 10 hours (transport included).
- Free time to visit the city.
- Meeting point: from Malaga, Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Marbella and Estepona. This will be indicated a few days in advance so all excursionists may choose the option most convenient to them.
- Departure time: 7.40am Malaga city, 7.50am Torremolinos, 7.20am Fuengirola, 7.15am Marbella, and 6.40am Estepona.
- Admission with guide to the GREAT MOSQUE OF CORDOBA (Catholic Cathedral).
- Entry to the synagogue and gardens.
- Sightseeing tour taking in the Roman Bridge and the Jewish Quarter.
- Free time in the city for lunch and a walk around the historic centre.
Cordoba is a wonderful city and the ideal place for a comprehensive day tour. It is home to stunningly beautiful buildings, monuments and neighbourhoods of great cultural interest, all of which are very close together making it easy to go from place to place.
Upon reaching Cordoba, you will enjoy a sightseeing tour taking in the Roman Bridge, Jewish quarter, synagogue and the Great Mosque (a famous monument of the Islamic West, built on the site of an old mosque using materials from the Christian Basilica of Saint Vincent).
The Jewish Quarter is the most famous area in Cordoba’s historic centre. It is also among the largest urban areas to be declared a World Heritage Site. This fascinating neighbourhood, dating back to the end of the Middle Ages, is criss-crossed by narrow streets that maintain the memories of the Jewish population that once lived there.
Later, you will visit the Great Mosque of Cordoba, which was constructed during the Arab occupation and then converted into a Catholic cathedral. It is one of the most beautiful Islamic monuments in the West and one of the city’s symbols. Originally built as a mosque in 786 A.D., it harmoniously combines varying styles. You will explore this beautiful building with a guide and discover its colourful mosaics and stunning stained glass windows.
You will then have free time to enjoy lunch and a walk around Cordoba’s old quarter.
100% refund if cancellation takes place up to 72 hours before the date of travel. Subsequent cancellations or no-shows do not entail any refund.